Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul McKernon <p....@aepona.com> on 2000/07/27 10:12:48 UTC

Unable to get responses from server

Hi all, not sure where this problem lies but Im sure someone has come
across it before. I am using the IBM SOAP code to use one of their
SOAP examples. Tomcat has been configured and will run all the servlet /
jsp examples.

In the method com.ibm.cs.net.HTTPUtils.post() the program sends the data
and waits for a response. The response I get is:

HTTP/1.0 200 OK   - which is good

The method also goes ahead to read the HTTP headers and this is where
the problem lies. It will always read the first line:

Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:29:26 GMT

but fails to read any more data. The program just hangs and I have to
use CTRL-C to quit. From this point on when I run the program again it
will not read ANYTHING back including the 200 OK msg.

If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know as I am stumped.

Thanks,
Paul