Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Lindley <jl...@yahoo.com> on 2005/04/01 20:26:24 UTC

Masking JSP URL

Hi all, I have what seems to be a straighforward need, but I have not yet been able to accomplish
it. I am running Apache 2.0.52, Tomcat 5.0.28, mod_jk2, on Windows Server 2003.  Everything seems
to be running fine, but I want to be able to hide, mask, map, whatever, the URL to the jsp pages.
Here is my workers2.properties file:

Code:

[shm]
info=Scoreboard. Requried for reconfiguration and status with multiprocess servers.
file=anon

# Defines a load balancer named lb. Use even if you only have one machine.
[lb:lb]

# Example socket channel, override port and host.
[channel.socket:localhost:8009]
port=8009
host=127.0.0.1

# define the worker
[ajp13:localhost:8009]
channel=channel.socket:localhost:8009
group=lb

# Map the Tomcat webapp to the Web server uri space
[uri:/appname/*]
group=lb

[status:]
info=Status worker, displays runtime information

[uri:/jkstatus/*]
info=The Tomcat /jkstatus handler
group=status:

I setup an alias in the httpd.conf file:

Code:

Alias /standalone/ "D:/Program Files/Apache
Group/Tomcat5.0.28/webapps/appname/jsp/usr/standalone/"

<Directory "D:/Program Files/Apache Group/Tomcat5.0.28/webapps/appname/jsp/usr/standalone">
    Options Indexes MultiViews
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

So, if I enter http: //ipaddress/appname/jsp/usr/standalone/file.jsp, the file loads and is
properly passed to Tomcat.

If I enter http: //ipaddress/standalone/file.jsp, the file loads but is not passed to Tomcat.

I don't want my users seeing the long, ugly URL. What is the best/easiest way to accomplish this?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

John