Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Tagunov Anthony <at...@nnt.ru> on 2001/03/11 19:06:03 UTC

xsp:include vs logicsheets (was: taglib application order)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 16:17:34 -0000, Robin Green wrote:
I have two kinds of questions and comments on this email.
Q&C#1:

>You need to do something like
>
><?xml-logicsheet href="logic/insertion.xsl"?>
><?xml-logicsheet href="logic/mainlogic.xsl"?>

Surely enough this solves my task! Exactly what i need!

But: what i was speaking about was that since
there's been a talk on some refactoring of using
XSP (for things others then pages) i thought it
was the right time to discuss other improvemtns
as well.

And the idea was that this functionality looks more
reasonable in <xsp:include> tag, similar to inclusion
capabilities of, for example .c preporcessor.

Maybe some other people would find it usefull too?

>... insertion.xsl will either directly contain the content
>to be inserted, or you can use the XSLT document() function to included (but
>then that might hit caching).

err..r "hit caching"? Please, Robin, could you expand more on this?
Do you mean that this way i will get no caching at all?
Do you mean that this way i will get Xalan caching?
Do you mean that this way i will get Xalan caching and it may work incorrectly?

This "document()" function is a funny thing! Looks an alternative to XInclude, looks
a back-door to XInclude functionality. Maybe its usage should be depreacted at
all because it bypasses Cocoon caching (and cached-info validation) machanisms?
Does SAXON support it?
Is there a way to plug resource pipelines into it if it won't be deprecated?