Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com> on 2004/07/01 20:42:40 UTC

RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1

Hi Jesper,

Yes :-)

See below

> public final void startUp()
>     {
>         try
>         {
>             prepare("cactus/weblogic7x");
>             Java java = createJavaForStartUp();
>             java.setDir(new File(tmpDir, "testdomain"));
>             java.createJvmarg().setValue("-hotspot");
>             java.createJvmarg().setValue("-Xms32m");
>             java.createJvmarg().setValue("-Xmx200m");
>             File serverDir = new File(dir, "server");
>             java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("weblogic.Name", "
> testserver"));
>             java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("bea.home", beaHome));
>             java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("
> weblogic.management.username", "weblogic"));
>             java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("
> weblogic.management.password", "weblogic"));
>             java.addSysproperty(createSysProperty("java.security.policy",
> "=./server/lib/weblogic.policy"));
>             Path classpath = java.createClasspath();
>             classpath.createPathElement().setLocation(new File(serverDir,
> "lib/weblogic_sp.jar"));
>             classpath.createPathElement().setLocation(new File(serverDir,
> "lib/weblogic.jar"));
>             java.setClassname("weblogic.Server");
>             java.execute();
>         }
>         catch(IOException ioe)
>         {
>             getLog().error("Failed to startup the container", ioe);
>             throw new BuildException(ioe);
>         }
>     }
>
> This is the code that gets called from the Maven Cactus plugin....i think!

It is

> If that is the case the call to weblogic.Server is hardcoded with some
> important values that I need to set. I.e. if I use my own config.xml it
> specify a domain, and a server name, password etc.
>
> Isn´t it so?

You're right. ATM we haven't externalized the domain, server name, password,
etc. because nobody asked. My idea was to provide an attribute so that users
would be able to point to an existing weblogic domain directory instead of a
config.xml file. Would you think that it will help?

Just a question fro you: why is it important that you run weblogic with your
exact domain name, username and password? We're talking about testing albeit
integration testing.

However, I don't see how these parameters can affect the tests. That said,
it's true that it's nice to be running with the exact same parameters as the
runtime application.

I'd be happy to try to make the <weblogic7x> task as customizable as
possible to that users do not have to bother about knowing how to start/stop
WebLogic. If you have any idea please fire them.

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Jesper,

WRT this issue you had, I'm proposing to move this discussion and
implementation in the Cargo project (http://cargo.codehaus.org) as
everything that has to do with containers
configuration/start/stop/deployment is now moved there and I'm refactoring
the Cactus Ant/Maven integrations to use Cargo.

Join us there on cargo-dev if you wish to follow the discussion.

Thanks
-Vincent

RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1

Posted by Jesper Linvald <JE...@maerskdata.dk>.
Hi Vincent

Jesper Linvald
MAERSK DATA TRANSPORT
Tel no.: +45 3911 1891
e-mail: JELI@maerskdata.dk

"Vincent Massol" <vm...@pivolis.com>
01-07-2004 20:42
Please respond to
"Cactus Users List" <ca...@jakarta.apache.org>

"'Cactus Users List'" <ca...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1

Hi Jesper,

Yes :-)

See below

> [...]

> 30-06-2004 07:40
> Please respond to
> "Cactus Users List" <ca...@jakarta.apache.org>

> "'Cactus Users List'" <ca...@jakarta.apache.org>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: Cactus and weblogic 8.1
>

> Hi Jesper,
>
> Do you think you could explain what you mean by "hardcoded" so that we
> improve the task?
>
> For example, if you check here
> (

http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/ant/task_cactus.html#weblogic
> 7
>
> x) you'll see that you can provide your own config.xml.
>
> In addition the <cactus> task always expect a cactified war/ear so that
> shouldn't be a problem either.
>
> All that said, I'm not sure that the <weblogic7x> task works for WL 8.1.

value="-ms256m"/>
value="-mx256m"/>