Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Hong Wei <hw...@qq.com> on 2016/07/26 11:52:09 UTC

Can Kylin support Sub-query or Case when with SQL

Dear Kylin:      I want to know whether kylin is able to support sub query or case when with SQL. I have tried, but failed.
      Best regards.

Re: Can Kylin support Sub-query or Case when with SQL

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
​calculation on measures ​is something Kylin does not support well now.
I've seen many people asking about it. A simple scenario is to find the sum
of all transaction amounts where the transaction's amount is large than 5
dollars. Although we cannot allow flexible calculation on measures at
runtime, we may still predefine some "special measures" to satisfy
certain calculation on measures. For example, by predefining two special
measures " sum((case when t.EL_DATE <= '2015-01-01'  then price else 0
end))" and "sum((case when price > 5 then price else 0 end))", we'll be
able to answer at least two types of "sum price with case when". However we
might be able to answer queries with  "sum((case when price > *10* then
price else 0 end))" with the above two "special measures", that's the
limitation users have to accept.

 Richard Calaba summrized nice JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KYLIN-1886, we might think about
defining the scope soon. Please leave comments if you have same requirements

On Tue, Jul 26, 2016 at 11:17 PM, Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Hong Wei,
>
> Currently, Kylin does not support case statement in sum function. A
> workaround for this case is to define another column who has the "case
> definition" in the view. And defines the view as the data source for Kylin
> cube.

> > for example, I want to query this SQL which is wrong in kylin:
> > select test.dim1 as c0, sum((case when t.EL_DATE <= '2015-01-01' and
> > t.EL_TYPE = 0 then 1 else 0 end)) as m0 from test as t where t.dim1 =
> > 'engineer' group by t.dim1

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*

Re: Can Kylin support Sub-query or Case when with SQL

Posted by Yiming Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hong Wei,

--
With Warm regards

Yiming Liu (刘一鸣)

Re: Can Kylin support Sub-query or Case when with SQL

Posted by Hong Wei <hw...@qq.com>.

From:  "Hong Wei";<hw...@qq.com>;
Date:  Tue, Jul 26, 2016 07:52 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@kylin.apache.org>;