Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Paul Querna <ch...@force-elite.com> on 2005/06/22 07:39:16 UTC

2.1.6 on Friday

I would like to roll another alpha on this Friday, June 24th.

I hope to resolve these issues that blocked 2.1.5 from going out:

1) Compile on Win32.
2) Proper use of strcasecmp to check for identity encoding. (d'oh)
3) Fix any cases where the protocol is not set/NULL.

Anything else anyone wants to get in?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: 2.1.6 on Friday

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
At 02:55 AM 6/22/2005, Graham Leggett wrote:

>There was an outstanding bug report which complained that the Microsoft
>LDAP libraries used to build the Windows mod_ldap binary were too old - is
>it possibl to make sure that the most recent service pack of the LDAP
>client library is used for any of the builds?

The biggest issue is with the ldap TLS support, it seems to
vary greatly between releases.  There are some trivial hacks
I could do to avoid using binding-by-ordinal (the root of the
problem) but won't be able to get that by Friday.

Disable TLS on win32 in the meantime?

Bill

Re: 2.1.6 on Friday

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Paul Querna said:

> I would like to roll another alpha on this Friday, June 24th.
>
> I hope to resolve these issues that blocked 2.1.5 from going out:
>
> 1) Compile on Win32.
> 2) Proper use of strcasecmp to check for identity encoding. (d'oh)
> 3) Fix any cases where the protocol is not set/NULL.
>
> Anything else anyone wants to get in?

There was an outstanding bug report which complained that the Microsoft
LDAP libraries used to build the Windows mod_ldap binary were too old - is
it possibl to make sure that the most recent service pack of the LDAP
client library is used for any of the builds?

Regards,
Graham