Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/12 05:08:07 UTC

[VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Hello all,

I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
Subversion's graduation. The couple bits that were raised[1] have been
handled, I believe. So with that said, I am unaware of any potential
showstoppers, and would like to request a vote for graduating the
Subversion podling. Should this result in a successful vote, I will
put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
new Subversion PMC.

Please vote:

[ ] +1 Graduation
[ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

Thanks!

Cheers,
-g

[1] incubator status page, and java bindings package name

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 23:51, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The graduation page [1] mentions that a resolution should be
> available. Do we need/Is there one for subversion ?

We don't need one until the vote passes. It sure looks that way, but
we'll wait the standard 72 hours. Meanwhile, we can choose a VP, and
put that onto the agenda for the Board's meeting next week.

Cheers,
-g

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
> Subversion's graduation. The couple bits that were raised[1] have been
> handled, I believe. So with that said, I am unaware of any potential
> showstoppers, and would like to request a vote for graduating the
> Subversion podling. Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

The graduation page [1] mentions that a resolution should be
available. Do we need/Is there one for subversion ?

"The resolution should be proposed on the general  incubator list
before a VOTE is started to allow feedback. Once a consensus has been
reached, a VOTE  should be started on the same general incubator list
by a member of the PPMC proposing that the IPMC  recommends the
resolution to the Board. "

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#tlp-resolution

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
+1

- Leo

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
+1

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
+1

Ralph

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 11:08 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
> Subversion's graduation. The couple bits that were raised[1] have been
> handled, I believe. So with that said, I am unaware of any potential
> showstoppers, and would like to request a vote for graduating the
> Subversion podling. Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

+1

-garrett

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
 +1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Should this result in a successful vote, I will
>>> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
>>> new Subversion PMC.
>>
>> [x] +1 Graduation
>> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating
>>

> [x] +1 Graduation
>
> --
> Luciano Resende
> http://people.apache.org/~lresende
> http://lresende.blogspot.com/

Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.

[x] +1 Graduation
[ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er
I  work here; http://tinyurl.com/2ymelc
I relax here; http://tinyurl.com/2cgsug

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
+1

edwardyoon@apache.org
http://blog.udanax.org

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On Thursday, February 11, 2010, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
> Subversion's graduation. The couple bits that were raised[1] have been
> handled, I believe. So with that said, I am unaware of any potential
> showstoppers, and would like to request a vote for graduating the
> Subversion podling. Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

+1 for graduation.  I believe that Subversion is capable of managing
itself in accordance with our "standards and practices".  -- justin

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
> Subversion's graduation. The couple bits that were raised[1] have been
> handled, I believe. So with that said, I am unaware of any potential
> showstoppers, and would like to request a vote for graduating the
> Subversion podling. Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

+1,

thanks,

paul

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 4:08 AM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [X] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

- robert

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Greg Stein wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
> Subversion's graduation. ...
>
> Please vote:
>
> [x] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

cheers,

 -jean

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.

[x] +1 Graduation

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Greg Stein wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I started a discussion thread a week-ish ago to seek out issues for
> Subversion's graduation. The couple bits that were raised[1] have been
> handled, I believe. So with that said, I am unaware of any potential
> showstoppers, and would like to request a vote for graduating the
> Subversion podling. Should this result in a successful vote, I will
> put a resolution before the Board (for its Feb 17 mtg) to construct a
> new Subversion PMC.
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

+1

- Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by "Hyrum K. Wright" <hy...@mail.utexas.edu>.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding). Good luck.
--kevan

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
+1

Regards,
Alan

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 2:38 AM, Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The svn devs also had a quick discussion for the VP recommendation to
> the Board, starting with my self-nomination. There were a couple other
> people that may be interested in future years, but there was general
> support for my initial role.

I am also supportive of this... Glorified secretary to the Board ;-)

Cheers

Posted by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org>.

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for voting, everybody! There was a slew of +1 votes, and no -1 votes.

The svn devs also had a quick discussion for the VP recommendation to
the Board, starting with my self-nomination. There were a couple other
people that may be interested in future years, but there was general
support for my initial role. I've placed a resolution onto the Board's
agenda for its meeting tomorrow.

Thanks,
-g

Posted by Paul Querna <pa...@querna.org>.

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
+1!

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@yahoo.com>.
+1!

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Greg,

> Please vote:
>
> [X] +1 Graduation
> [ ] -1 Hold, and continue incubating

(non-binding)

Cheers,
Chris

¿

Re: [VOTE] Subversion podling for graduation

Posted by "Mattmann, Chris A (388J)" <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Hi Greg,