Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by David Pinelo <da...@juntadeandalucia.es> on 2004/02/25 09:52:18 UTC

JavaScript menu

Hi,

I come back again with one of my questions :P . Probably my Mozilla Navigator
(1.5) or Mozilla Firebird (0.7) running on my computer (Debian Sarge with a
2.6.2 kernel) have a curious bug: When I click on the File menu in the
Default Publication (and a javascript menu has to be show), my Mozilla crash
with a segmentation fault. That's not a problem of Lenya community of course.
The question is, I don't like the menu.js as the principal navigation element
of the Publications. Is it very difficult to change? What do I have to worry
about?

Thanks!

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/architecture/xul/
>>

>> I think we should use XUL instead of our own "Menu XML", add Lenya
>> specific
>> elements and attributes via namespaces  and in the case of Mozilla
>> deliver
>> the actual XUL to the Browser (where the content would probably be
>> within a iframe).
>>
>> In the case of other brothers we can still maintain an XSLT in order
>> to generate
>> some (X)HTML, JavaScript, CSS menu solution.
>>

>> This would mean that we don't have more stuff to maintain and really
>> get a
>> perfect UI re Mozilla, which also might be an incentive for some
>> people to
>> switch to Mozilla again.
>

> time to reveal the evil master plan. ask the user to install a "cms
> activex" that contains mozilla. all of a sudden, bxe works on ie, xul
> can be used..
>
> http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm
>
> :)

cool :-)

--
Michael Wechner

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
David Pinelo wrote:

>>what about XUL? Jan has started a XUL version and is still
>>working on it. He is currently on vacation but should be back in about
>>1.5 weeks.
>>

>Sorry... what is XUL? :$

http://www.mozilla.org/catalog/architecture/xul/

I think we should use XUL instead of our own "Menu XML", add Lenya specific
elements and attributes via namespaces  and in the case of Mozilla deliver
the actual XUL to the Browser (where the content would probably be
within a iframe).

In the case of other brothers we can still maintain an XSLT in order to
generate
some (X)HTML, JavaScript, CSS menu solution.

This would mean that we don't have more stuff to maintain and really get a
perfect UI re Mozilla, which also might be an incentive for some people to
switch to Mozilla again.

Michi

>>do you have recent version of Lenya? Actually the files should be
>>
>>src/webapp/lenya/xslt/menu/menu2xhtml.xsl
>>
>>and menu2xslt.xsl
>>

>I have the RC... I have to upgrade to the latest CVS version... ;)
>
>Thanks!

Michael Wechner

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by David Pinelo <da...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
> what about XUL? Jan has started a XUL version and is still
> working on it. He is currently on vacation but should be back in about
> 1.5 weeks.

Sorry... what is XUL? :$

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
David Pinelo wrote:

>As Christian Stocker said, I think it's a bug of the mozilla executables
>provides by Debian. (I test this bug on several machines with Debian and
>mozilla provide by Debian). But the reason I would like to change the
>javascript menu is for accessibility problems. One of the recommendations is
>not to make the navigation depedent of javascript elements.

what about XUL? Jan has started a XUL version and is still
working on it. He is currently on vacation but should be back in about
1.5 weeks.

>I think I will need to change $WEBAPP/lenya/lenya/xslt/menu/menu.xsl and
>other, but, do you think is too dificult?

do you have recent version of Lenya? Actually the files should be

src/webapp/lenya/xslt/menu/menu2xhtml.xsl

and menu2xslt.xsl

HTH

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by David Pinelo <da...@juntadeandalucia.es>.

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Gregor J. Rothfuss wrote:

>  we do have quite a few people running lenya on debian with mozilla,

I am running Debian Woody with 2.4.20-686 and Mozilla 1.6 which is
working fine.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
David Pinelo wrote:

[...]

> The question is, I don't like the menu.js as the principal navigation element
> of the Publications. Is it very difficult to change?

Actually it is quite easy:

http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/docs/components/layout/lenya-menubar.html

(Section "Creating a Customized Menu")

-- Andreas

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Manuel Siebeneicher <tr...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

I've the same problem with firebird 0.7 from Debian. If I commented out line
90, 'event.cancleBubble=true' in function eventShowMenu(e) it works fine, but
Opera doesn't show the menu any more.

greetz
Manuel

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.
Hi

I could narrow it down to the binaries, which are provided by Debian...
If I take the binary directly from mozilla.org, it works with firebird
0.7. Even BXE works then...

chregu

On 2/25/04 10:13 AM, Christian Stocker wrote:

> Hi
>
> Just for completeness sake. I have the same problem on Linux/Debian with
> Firebird 0.7. It seems to work with Firefox 0.8, but not with Mozilla 1.6
>
> BXE also doesn't work on firebird 0.7 on Linux. It works on the other
> Platforms...
>
> strange strange
>
> chregu
>

> On 2/25/04 9:52 AM, David Pinelo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I come back again with one of my questions :P . Probably my Mozilla
>> Navigator (1.5) or Mozilla Firebird (0.7) running on my computer
>> (Debian Sarge with a 2.6.2 kernel) have a curious bug: When I click on
>> the File menu in the Default Publication (and a javascript menu has to
>> be show), my Mozilla crash with a segmentation fault. That's not a
>> problem of Lenya community of course. The question is, I don't like
>> the menu.js as the principal navigation element of the Publications.
>> Is it very difficult to change? What do I have to worry about?
>>
>> Thanks!

christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71
http://www.bitflux.ch  |  chregu@bitflux.ch  |  gnupg-keyid 0x5CE1DECB

Re: JavaScript menu

Posted by Christian Stocker <ch...@bitflux.ch>.
Hi