Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@maniatis.org> on 2008/11/18 11:22:57 UTC

Re: svn commit: r718501 - /cayenne/main/trunk/framework/cayenne-jdk1.5-unpublished/src/test/java/org/apache/cayenne/access/HorizontalInheritanceTest.java

On 18/11/2008, at 5:36 PM, aadamchik@apache.org wrote:

> temporarily removing failing test

Should we move our tests to junit 4 style where tests can be disabled
with

@ignore

Ari

-------------------------->
Aristedes Maniatis
phone +61 2 9660 9700
PGP fingerprint 08 57 20 4B 80 69 59 E2  A9 BF 2D 48 C2 20 0C C8

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
In SVN terms pushing is committing, so yes, that's what I meant. I am
definitely not holding off committing to git, and I am using branches
for every logical task, but the whole thing is local at the moment. I
should probably play with GitHub.. Maybe someone will find it useful
to peak at my ongoing work.

Andrus

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
I don't care that much about the @Ignore annotation, as I am using
git, so I keep all my failing tests in the local repo, but I certainly
have no objections to the upgrade idea in general. There's lots of 6
year old tests that can be reorganized into something more sane, with
a better bootstrap sequence, easier DB configuration, etc. But that's
a pretty big project that I am personally not ready to take on just
yet. ROI here will be rather small compared to other things.

Andrus