Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Srikanth Chandika <li...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/29 06:49:55 UTC

Best Recommended replication-factor

Hi,

What is the best recommended replication-factor for a 5 broker kafka?
Can anybody suggest me the good replication factor

Regards,
Srikanth

Re: Best Recommended replication-factor

Posted by John Holland <jo...@objectpartners.com>.
As was said it depends on what tradeoffs you want between availability and
data loss risk.

If you're most concerned about the data then I recommend having it
replicated to at least 3 brokers, set minimum ISR to 2 and produce to the
topic with acks = -1.

Also set "unclean.leader.election.enable" to false on the broker config.

I've been using that setup without data loss for a while now.

Posted by Srikanth Chandika <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Cees De Groot,

Posted by Cees de Groot <ce...@pagerduty.com>.