Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by André Martin <ma...@andremartin.de> on 2008/02/24 20:33:23 UTC

fs.rename does not create target directories on DFS - no exception is thrown

Hi everyone,
I observed an inconsistent behavior:
When I use fs.rename with a local filesystem and the target dir does not
exist, it will be created automatically.
But when I run the same code using DFS as underlaying FS, the file(s)
won't be moved, and there is no IOException etc. - basically it
"ignores" silently the command/request....
Is this a bug or a "feature"? I couldn't find an appropriate JIRA or
maybe I am blind?

Cu on the 'net,
                        Bye - bye,

                                   <<<<< André <<<< >>>> èrbnA >>>>>