Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2017/04/19 05:00:59 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.10 (RC0) is available

I'm happy to announce the first release candidate of HBase 1.1.10
(HBase-1.1.10RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.1.10RC0/

Maven artifacts are also available in the staging repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1167

Artifacts are signed with my code signing subkey 0xAD9039071C3489BD,
available in the Apache keys directory
https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/ndimiduk.asc and in our KEYS file
http://www-us.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS.

Please note that this signing key is set to expire at the end of this
month. I will be taking steps to extend its expiration date. This should be
transparent, but may cause some hiccups.

There's also a signed tag for this release at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=hbase.git;a=tag;h=4a7f2062f5776d6423d19f6d88bc4161c33ccd0c

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 1.1.9 has been
published for your review, at
https://home.apache.org/~ndimiduk/1.1.9_1.1.10RC0_compat_report.html

HBase 1.1.10 is the tenth patch release in the HBase 1.1 line, continuing
on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to the Hadoop and
NoSQL communities. This release includes over 10 bug fixes since the 1.1.9
release. Notable correctness fixes include HBASE-17675, HBASE-17682,
HBASE-17287, and HBASE-17717.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12339651
and and in the CHANGES.txt file included in the distribution.

Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
Tuesday, 2017-04-24 as to whether we should release these artifacts as
HBase 1.1.10.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.10 (RC0) is available

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Checked sums and signatures: ok
Built from source: ok (7u79)
RAT check: ok (7u79)
Compatibility check: ok (7u79), ran check_compatibility.sh locally, 100%
compatible with 1.1.9 (both binary and source)
Unit tests pass: ok (8u101)
Shell commands: ok (8u101), ran DDL/flush/compact commands, everything
looks good
Loaded 1M rows with LTT: ok (8u101), all keys verified, latency and logs
looks good

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Jerry He <je...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
​+1

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
+1

- verified tarballs vs public key on people.apache.org.
- extracted bin tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - with jdk1.8.0_65:
    - run LoadTestTool against standalone bin tgz with FAST_DIFF block
encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
    - poked around webUI. looks good.
  - load the site, browsed book.
- extracted src tgz:
  - inspect structure. look good.
  - run LoadTestTool against standalone built from src tgz with FAST_DIFF
block encoder and ROWCOL blooms. No issues, logs look good.
  - poked around webUI. looks good.
- ran the hbase-downstreamer project vs. the staged maven repository. tests
pass.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 10:00 PM, Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Please try out this candidate and vote +/-1 by 23:59 Pacific time on
> Tuesday, 2017-04-24 as to whether we should release these artifacts as
> HBase 1.1.10.

I botched my dates and days. Will leave this open through tomorrow 23:59
Pacific,  Tuesday, 2017-04-25.

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 1.1.10 (RC0) is available

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 19, 2017 at 12:48 PM, Josh Elser <el...@apache.org> wrote:

> * NOTICE file needs an update (copyright year). The notes about "Licensed
> under Apache License, version 2.0" also appear unnecessary to me (but are
> only "bad" in that it unnecessarily bloats our NOTICE).

I've opened a ticket so we won't lose track of the copyright year:

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding) with a nit.

* NOTICE file needs an update (copyright year). The notes about
"Licensed under Apache License, version 2.0" also appear unnecessary to
me (but are only "bad" in that it unnecessarily bloats our NOTICE).
* xsums/sigs OK
* Can build tarball from source
* Ran YCSB against bin tarball (workloadA), observed reasonable results
* Reviewed compat report

- Josh