Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Davidson, Jerry" <Je...@Illinois.gov> on 2013/09/13 15:17:41 UTC

Link Question

The link between the application SWF file and the HTML file is reported as broken, but I can't see why.  Both are in the same directory:

                <!--[if !IE]>-->
                <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="SNAPCalc.swf" width="100%" height="1325">
                    <param name="quality" value="high" />
                    <param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
                    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
                    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
                <!--<![endif]-->
Where the SNAPCalc.swf is in the same directory as the HTML file.  Using FF for this test.

Thanks

Re: Link Question

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 16/09/2013 14:35, Davidson, Jerry wrote:
> I see it in the IDE.  It is the bin-release version (as opposed to the bin-debug) of the HTML file that has the "broken" link.
>
> This is the default Flex files, should I be changing them?
You mean Flex Builder ? We use Flex Builder to build the .swf but our
own .html files.
There's an option in the project settings to not overwrite files in the
target folder that enables you to modify the wrapper HTML without
causing any problems.

TBH both Builder and Dreamweaver have had very outdated Flash embed
support since they were released, and Builder is (fairly sure) never
going to see a major update.

Tom

RE: Link Question

Posted by "Davidson, Jerry" <Je...@Illinois.gov>.
I see it in the IDE.  It is the bin-release version (as opposed to the bin-debug) of the HTML file that has the "broken" link.

This is the default Flex files, should I be changing them?

Thanks,
Jerry

On 13/09/2013 14:17, Davidson, Jerry wrote:
> The link between the application SWF file and the HTML file is reported as broken, but I can't see why.  Both are in the same directory:
What reports it ? How ? Can you request the wrapper HTML and .swf files directly ?

I'd also consider switching to a more modern embedding system, like SWFObject.

Tom

Re: Link Question

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.