Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/14 01:08:19 UTC

ActiveMq Listening on tcp6

All,

I have having some troubles getting an ActiveMQ consumer to connect to
a remote ActiveMQ broker.  then I took a look at netstat and noticed
that ActiveMQ (i.e. 127.0.0.1:61616) is on tcp6.  This is apparently a
default because I can't recall doing any such configuration myself.

Is there a way to get ActiveMQ onto ipv4?

Thanks
--
Geoffry Roberts

Re: ActiveMq Listening on tcp6

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

I deployed the file you sent after first making the appropriate
changes to the ip addresses.  Now on my consumer side, I at least see
it trying to connect, but the connection is refused.

Is there any security involved here?

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
I'm on gmail.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

I don't see an attachment.

On 14 September 2011 15:16, Gareth <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Geoffry,
>
> What you can put in the broker config comes from here:
>
> https://activemq.apache.org/schema/core/activemq-core-5.5.0.xsd

It's always nice to have the schema.

> To cut to the chase, I am attaching a broker blueprint file of mine
> which I know works. It is largely the default except for the
> additional transport connector and a network connector.
>
> Just remove the network connector (as you are not setting up a broker
> network yet) and change the IP address in the transport connector to
> reflect your producer IP and deploy to karaf. I am assuming the karaf
> instance which you will deploy to will have at least the activemq and
> activemq-blueprint features installed.

The above are indeed installed.  I can queue messages that's not the
problem.  I simply cannot get my consumer to connect.

I disabled ipv6, and ActiveMQ now listens on ipv4.

Posted by Gareth <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hello Geoffry,

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
On 14 September 2011 14:30, Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> You probably have your hosts file kinda fuubared.

Not so.

> You can try supplying : -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true
>
> Or completely disabling ipv6,

I'll try this.

> or listening to 0.0.0.0

Tried this, no go.

Thanks all.

Posted by Johan Edstrom <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

I solved my problem using this broker tag.  I still can't get my consumer to
work but at least the error went away.

<broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core"
        brokerName="jms">
<transportConnector...
</broker>

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

Posted by Geoffry Roberts <ge...@gmail.com>.
Gareth,

Thanks for the input.  I tried your suggestion but still all is not well.

Perhaps I got something wrong.  Would you take a look and offer any correction?

I am trying to move message in one direction from a producer to a
consumer.  I have identical Karaf installations at both ends.

Thanks

Producer Blueprint:

<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0">
	<transportConnectors>
		<transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://localhost:61616" />
		<transportConnector name="openwire remote" uri="tcp://producer_ip:61616" />
	</transportConnectors>
	<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
		<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://localhost:61616" />
	</bean>
	<camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">
		<route>
			<from uri="timer:test?period=5000" />
			<setBody>
				<constant>Ave Mundus!!</constant>
			</setBody>
			<to uri="jms:queue:ave" />
 			<to uri="stream:out" />
		</route>
	</camelContext>
</blueprint>
***********************************
Consumer Blueprint:

<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0">
	<transportConnectors>
		<transportConnector name="openwire remote" uri="tcp://producer_ip:61616" />
	</transportConnectors>
	<bean id="jms" class="org.apache.activemq.camel.component.ActiveMQComponent">
		<property name="brokerURL" value="tcp://producer_ip:61616" />
	</bean>
	<camelContext xmlns="http://camel.apache.org/schema/blueprint">
		<route autoStartup="true">
			<from uri="jms:queue:ave" />