Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by cm...@yahoo.com on 2001/08/17 16:59:34 UTC

Startup - mustfix

Hi,

Larry, while playing with the options I found few problems with our
startup we must fix before beta2.

Main is fine, but if someone is embeding tomcat he will probably use
EmbededTomcat. This only works if both container and common classes are in
it's loader.

I need to add at least some comments about the right procedure to embed
tomcat, so that the container is not mixed up with the webapps. I'll
probably have to move some of the code from Main to either a util or
EmbeddedTomcat.

This is quite important IMHO, right now if you embed tomcat instead of
using Main you can loose some of the features and be less secure.

It shouldn't affect the docs or anything else, and I hope to finish by
tommorow. It should have a small risk ( unless I do some stupid mistakes,
but it'll be easy to fix ) I'll also check in the ( partial ) server.xml
documentation I started ( only 5 tags documented so far ), maybe someone
else can help.

Costin