Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/26 22:54:22 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Multiple authentication sources (OUs) - AuthnProviderAlias

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Brian Banaszynski
<bb...@intelimedix.com> wrote:

> This doesn’t seem to work.  I know your thinking – “why not just use
> groups”?  Ans: Simply because we don’t want to have to maintain groups for
> our many clients.  We would like to rely on the client user’s presence in
> the OU (and allow our service accounts and support personnel at the same
> time to all sites)

Any hint about what it does (loglevel debug, or looking at what LDAP
queries it puts on the wire)?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

RE: [users@httpd] Multiple authentication sources (OUs) - AuthnProviderAlias

Posted by Emmanuel Bailleul <Em...@telindus.fr>.

>> This doesn't seem to work.  I know your thinking - "why not just use
>> groups"?  Ans: Simply because we don't want to have to maintain groups for
>> our many clients.  We would like to rely on the client user's presence in
>> the OU (and allow our service accounts and support personnel at the same
>> time to all sites)
>
>Any hint about what it does (loglevel debug, or looking at what LDAP
>queries it puts on the wire)?
>
>--
>Eric Covener
>covener@gmail.com

Hi,

Another hint : with this config I don't think you could have identical usernames in different OUs (just in case).

Emmanuel