Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Duncan Johnston-Watt <du...@blockchaintp.com> on 2018/06/05 21:28:45 UTC

Catalog items - Plans vs Configs

This is probably obvious to everyone else but when I inspect applications
preloaded in a catalog I can see both a Plan and a Config associated with
them.

When I use +Application and select the catalog item corresponding to such
an application I have two options -

*Next (Wizard view)*
Here the params are completed using the *Config* and unless I want to
change them all I do at that point is select a location then deploy.

*YAML Composer*
Here I am presented with the *Plan* and have to add name/location etc. in
the editor.

Is this behaviour written up somewhere?

Best
--
Duncan Johnston-Watt
CEO, Blockchain Technology Partners <http://blockchaintp.com/>

Twitter: @duncanjw <https://twitter.com/duncanjw>
Mob: +44 777 190 2653 <+44%207771%20902653>
LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/duncanjohnstonwatt

Re: Catalog items - Plans vs Configs

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoft.io>.
Ah, sorry Duncan, will add that to the issue!

Cheers
Geoff

Posted by Duncan Johnston-Watt <du...@blockchaintp.com>.
Geoff

Posted by Geoff Macartney <ge...@cloudsoft.io>.
Hi Duncan

Posted by Duncan Johnston-Watt <du...@blockchaintp.com>.
Andrew

Option #4 gets my vote as that is when it matters most. Appreciate it might
not be that simple in practice.

Best

Duncan

Posted by Andrew Kennedy <an...@cloudsoftcorp.com>.