Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by ncs88 <ns...@njit.edu> on 2019/09/21 04:14:25 UTC

Lucene one to many query

Hi everyone. I am trying to build a lucene query that will work with the
following one-to-many relationship. I’m trying to-do this in lucene 5.5 but
if i can’t then i’ll move towards upgrading the project to a newer version
if necessary.

Say i have two objects like so. One Company that has multiple Items.

-------------
*Company* (one)
String name
String address_state
String address_street
Items items
-----------------

-----------------
*Items* (many)
Int item_id
String item_name
Int item_price

How would i do a search for Companies in a particular state that have a
particular item name with a price below a certain point? For instance,
search for companies that are in CA with an item named “Phone” that also
have a price below 150?

I only have around 300k companies but have around 5 million items. So id
rather first filter by company if possible.

To anyone out there, thanks.

--
Sent from: https://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/Lucene-Java-Users-f532864.html