Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Søren Neigaard <s....@mobilethink.dk> on 2002/04/15 08:48:01 UTC

mod_rewrite on Compaq Tru64

I have a Compaq Tru 64 with a preinstalled Apache on, and it does not have
the mod_rewrite module :(

How do I install the mod_rewrite module, I have not found a site where I can
download that module. Maybe if I get the source I can compile it on the
Tru64!?

Is it part of Apache (hope not)?

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
Søren Neigaard
System Architect
Mobilethink A/S
Arosgaarden
Åboulevarden 23, 5.sal
DK - 8000 Århus C
Telefon: +45 86207800
Direct: +45 86207810
Fax: +45 86207801
Email: s.neigaard@mobilethink.dk
Web: www.mobilethink.dk

Re: SV: mod_rewrite on Compaq Tru64

Posted by Daniel Lopez <da...@rawbyte.com>.
Do you have apxs installed in your system? (It comes with Apache)
If the Apache server you have was compiled with dynamic module support, it
is possible to use apxs to compile just that module and load it into the
server

Re: Apache 2.0.35 and php 4.2 RC3

Posted by Chris Fraser <ar...@urswerks.homeip.net>.
Greetings,
 I've installed Apache 2.0.35 on my WinXP box a few days ago. I looked it over and  configured
it while I waited for php compatability. I noticed yesturday that the php 4.2 RC3 was released
and that it has support for Apache 2.0.35. That's what it stated on the front page of
php.net.
I downloaded it, but could not find any document that mentioned Apache 2. I tried installing
it as per the Apache 1.3 instructions, but got an error saying that it couldn't find the .dll.
I looked in the experimental drawer and tried the apache2filter.dll. Got a different error,
something about an sapisomething.c not being compatable. I think I have to do something with
the filter commands. Needless to say I've spent the weekend driving myself nuts. I looked  all
over php.net. The only other mention to Apache 2 was on the qa.php.net feedback submission
page. It mentioned an Apache 2.x Module (DSO), I assume that would be referring to an apache
php.so or .dso that would go in the loadmodule section.
So, Anyone have Apache 2 installed with php 4.2 RC3 or RC4? I so, how is it done?

--
"The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate for the stormy present. The occasion is piled
high with difficulty, and we must rise to the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think
Congress, Concluding Remarks, December 1, 1862
				                                                                           -
President Abraham Lincoln
Copyleft 2001: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html

SV: mod_rewrite on Compaq Tru64