Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/11 23:34:42 UTC

M1- Release Content

Hi;

We are planning to release the M1 version of the
OpenWebBeans . So far we have finished the some parts of the
specification and the nearly all of the build and release management tasks.

M1 release will support the following items;

* Simple WebBeans Support
* Producer Method Support
* Event and Observer Support
* Decorator and Interceptor Support
* Experimental XML Configuration Support
* Lookup and Dependency Injection Support
* Java EE Plugin Support (via ServetContextListener interface)

Remaining parts of the specification that we did not handle in this release are the following items;

* Enterprise WebBeans Support
* JMS WebBeans Support
* Producer Field Support
* Servlet Injection Support
* Inheritance and Realization Support
* Common Annotations Support
* Full Support for Validation Checks
* Passivation Scope and Serialization Operations
* Full Support for XML Configuration
* Java EE Container Integration Support (SPI)

? What do you think about the content of the M1 release ?
? Has it enough functionalities to  create the release or  we may delay it to another date for adding  more  functionality ?
? What is your further comments and advices?

Thanks;

/Gurkan

Re: M1- Release Content

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gurkan...

  I noticed that from the SCM mails :-). I will check the mails for
any other required items.

--
----
Thanks

Re: M1- Release Content

--
----
Thanks

Re: M1- Release Content

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gurkan...

--
----
Thanks

Re: M1- Release Content

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <gu...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Matthias, I will look at it.

/Gurkan

________________________________
> On Jan 11, 2009, at 5:34 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu wrote:
>
>> Hi;
>>
>> We are planning to release the M1 version of the
>> OpenWebBeans . So far we have finished the some parts of the
>> specification and the nearly all of the build and release management
>> tasks.
>>
>> M1 release will support the following items;
>>
>> * Simple WebBeans Support
>> * Producer Method Support
>> * Event and Observer Support
>> * Decorator and Interceptor Support
>> * Experimental XML Configuration Support
>> * Lookup and Dependency Injection Support
>> * Java EE Plugin Support (via ServetContextListener interface)
>>
>> Remaining parts of the specification that we did not handle in this
>> release are the following items;
>>
>> * Enterprise WebBeans Support
>> * JMS WebBeans Support
>> * Producer Field Support
>> * Servlet Injection Support
>> * Inheritance and Realization Support
>> * Common Annotations Support
>> * Full Support for Validation Checks
>> * Passivation Scope and Serialization Operations
>> * Full Support for XML Configuration
>> * Java EE Container Integration Support (SPI)
>>
>> ? What do you think about the content of the M1 release ?
>> ? Has it enough functionalities to  create the release or  we may delay it
>> to another date for adding  more  functionality ?
>> ? What is your further comments and advices?
>
> IMO, that's enough for a M1 release.
>
> I built the current trunk code and took a quick review. Here are some
> comments...
>
> * I think the LICENCE file needs to reference the licences directory. I'd
> actually recommend that these be renamed LICENSE
> * The NOTICE file does not conform to the requirements of the ASF. See --
> http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html#notice (e.g. there's no
> COPYRIGHT)
> * Also, I doubt that the contents of the NOTICE file is correct. All it does
> is provide attribution to embedded projects. However, some licenses (e.g.
> ASL requires that NOTICES be reproduced).
> * The binary distributions do not contain the licences directory. The
> licenses must either be in the LICENSE file, or you must create a licenses
> directory. I actually prefer a single license file, but licenses dirs are
> used by some projects. As long as all licenses are available, I'm ok either
> way.
> * All OpenWebBeans jars/wars/etc. need to contain a META-INF/LICENSE and
> META-INF/NOTICE files
> * Hmmm. Seems like "webbeans-impl.jar" be "openwebbeans-impl.jar"

the RAT (m2 plugin) is usually helpful for these kinda things
(isn't it still in the incubator?)

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf