Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Matt Hogstrom <ma...@hogstrom.org> on 2005/12/12 23:38:15 UTC

Quick update on long run for Geronimo based on 1.0 Build

Here is a quick update on the long run I started last night.  So far G has been
running for 12 hours and 30 minutes.  Overall the stability is looking good.
Over 884,000 transactions were completed with a 50 user load.  DayTrader was
running in Direct Mode with a database population of 5000 and 10000 quotes.

There is a small memory leak that I'm starting to research.  The leak is very
small and leaked about 15MB over the 12 hour period whle driving the 2-way under
100% CPU load.

I attached a slide with the summary of this data for your viewing pleasure.

This is really good news and thought I'd pass this on as we're in a very solid
position for the 1.0 release.

Matt

Re: Quick update on long run for Geronimo based on 1.0 Build

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <el...@gmail.com>.
Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> I attached a slide with the summary of this data for your viewing pleasure.

Hi Matt,

Yes, that gave a lot of pleasure, right before I start tackling with
other issues ;)

I don't remember it has already been posted, so soory if it was, but how
the test environment is set up? What tools do you use to perform the
load test? Could you describe it in the wiki so that others would be
able to do the same on their servers? Thanks.

> Matt

Jacek