Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bhamidi Krishna <bh...@hotmail.com> on 2001/08/16 06:25:35 UTC

Elementary question about Tomcat

Hi,

I am posting a very elementary question about Tomcat.

I have written a JSP application that I want to use undes tomcat. Do I need
to place it under examples/jsp? I placed the application in the jsp
directory level, Tomcat looks for class files under examples/web-inf whereas
the class files are under (my directory)/web-inf.

Can I configure Tomcat to read jsp files and class files in my own directory
other than under examples/jsp and examples/web-inf? I searched around but
could not find documentation anywhere.

Thankyou,
Krishna.

Re: Tomcat port 8080, Apache port 80, jsp?

Posted by Shawn Evans <sh...@hotmail.com>.
Does that allow me to use the Tomcat that I have installed?  I thought
Tomcat was different and better than mod_jk, or are they the same?

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
I'll have to check in the MSDN documentation what error 2140 stands for...

    Pier

Posted by Shawn Evans <sh...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Craig R. McClanahan at craigmcc@apache.org wrote:

> Other files in this directory contain the compiled connector for other
> platforms (Linux, MacOSX, and Solaris/SPARC for now).

Linux w/ GLIBC 2.2
Solaris 8/sparc

(just a couple of details! :)

    Pier

Re: Tomcat port 8080, Apache port 80, jsp?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Shawn Evans <sh...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Evans <sh...@hotmail.com>.
Pulled head out from 4th point of contact... I see what I need to do.

Thanks

Posted by David Cassidy <dc...@hotgen.com>.
have a look at mod_jk ?

RE: Elementary question about Tomcat

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
Hi Krishna,

Sounds like you could use a little web app introduction.  Thankfully, I know
just the trick.  Check out the "Application Developer's Guide" for either
Tomcat 3 or 4 in their respective documentation bundles available from the
Tomcat homepage.

Good luck!

- r