Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Warren Bell <wa...@clarksnutrition.com> on 2005/11/25 23:30:59 UTC

bookmark and search indexing JSF?

How do you allow users to bookmark pages and search engines to index pages
when JSF uses POST? If all my URLs are going to look like:

... /category.jsf

and I need them to look like:

... /category.jsf?category=43739

I see that you can use a redirect, but how does this help things?

Thanks,

Warren Bell

RE: bookmark and search indexing JSF?

Posted by Warren Bell <wa...@clarksnutrition.com>.
I understand how your example works, but it does not allow a user to
bookmark a page and then return to it later, after their session expires.

For example, category.jsf goes to a page that displays the top level
categories. You choose a category and you go down one level and so on. All
of these pages have the URL ... /category.jsf. When a user bookmarks any of
those category levels they will have the link ... /category.jsf. This will
only take them back to the main category page and not the level and category
they originally bookmarked.

This may be a bad example, but this situation would also apply to a news
forum site.

Posted by Jeremy Green <my...@jeremygreen.me.uk>.