Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/17 08:26:12 UTC

4.1 release notes: please review

I took a crack at the Solr release note.

I added CommonTermsQuery to the Lucene release note that Robert has been maintaining - looks good to me otherwise.

Please help me whip these into shape.

Solr: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote41

Lucene: http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote41

Thanks,
Steve

RE: 4.1 release notes: please review

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
I added the important URL-encoding issue tot he Solr release notes. There was again a question on solr-user that Solr does not decode URLs correctly (because user missed to configure Tomcat correctly). With 4.1 this is now obsolete and works out of the box with any web container, so this is really important to mention.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de

Posted by "Dyer, James" <Ja...@ingramcontent.com>.
Ok I have it in the wiki in its own section but I condensed it.  Feel free to edit further as you desire.

James Dyer
E-Commerce Systems
Ingram Content Group
(615) 213-4311

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

Posted by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> I know it is a Lucene feature, but the fact that Solr now compresses stored
> fields is significant to Solr users, and IMO should be included in the Solr
> release notes.

I fixed the release year for Solr release notes and added a few lines
about the improvements brought by the new Lucene 4.1 codec.

--
Adrien

Re: 4.1 release notes: please review

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.
A lot of stuff in a short time!

I know it is a Lucene feature, but the fact that Solr now compresses
stored fields is significant to Solr users, and IMO should be included
in the Solr release notes.

Upayavira

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013, at 07:40 AM, Shai Erera wrote:

+1
Shai

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Steve Rowe <[1...@gmail.com>
wrote:

  I took a crack at the Solr release note.
  I added CommonTermsQuery to the Lucene release note that Robert has
  been maintaining - looks good to me otherwise.
  Please help me whip these into shape.
  Solr: [2]http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ReleaseNote41
  Lucene: [3]http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ReleaseNote41
  Thanks,
  Steve

References

1. mailto:sarowe@gmail.com
5. mailto:dev-help@lucene.apache.org

Re: 4.1 release notes: please review

Posted by Shai Erera <se...@gmail.com>.
+1

Shai

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay Steve, i was on the run .. thanks for updating the Notes :)

Stefan

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Stefan,

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.