Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Brian Lee <le...@yahoo.com> on 2012/11/30 20:52:21 UTC

DEVs: any movement on JSON encoding for RPC?

Hi all,

I found a message from last year that JSON encoding for RPC was not yet implemented. Is this still
the case? If so, this would be very bad as one of the selling points we
were using is that Avro serialized its messages in JSON format. Our project really needs this as data that's going over the wire has to be in clear text.

Brian

Re: DEVs: any movement on JSON encoding for RPC?

Posted by Brian Lee <le...@yahoo.com>.
It would be ideal if someone on the dev team picked this up pretty soon. It's a key requirement in our system.

Avro RPC data is in clear-text, it's not encrypted.  It's not in
plain-text that's as easily consumed as JSON though.

It would not be hard to add support for Json-format Avro RPC but no
one has yet contributed such an implementation.

Doug

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.