Posted to dev@metamodel.apache.org by Claudia Pesu <Cl...@HumanInference.com> on 2014/06/17 13:19:20 UTC

password protected file

Hi,

At List-IQ we have a user that has uploaded a  password protected file.  Is there anything we can do ? Metamodel gave the following error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Could not open workbook at org.eobjects.metamodel.excel.ExcelUtils.readWorkbook(ExcelUtils.java:107) at org.eobjects.metamodel.excel.DefaultSpreadsheetReaderDelegate.createSchema(DefaultSpreadsheetReaderDelegate.java:63) at org.eobjects.metamodel.excel.ExcelDataContext.getMainSchema(ExcelDataContext.java:174) at org.eobjects.metamodel.QueryPostprocessDataContext.getMainSchemaInternal(QueryPostprocessDataContext.java:499) at org.eobjects.metamodel.QueryPostprocessDataContext.getSchemaByNameInternal(QueryPostprocessDataContext.java:370) at org.eobjects.metamodel.AbstractDataContext.getSchemaByName(AbstractDataContext.java:198) at org.eobjects.metamodel.AbstractDataContext.getDefaultSchema(AbstractDataContext.java:117) at

Kind Regards,
Claudia Pesu
junior software engineer
[http://www.humaninference.com/banners/hilogo25.png]<http://www.humaninference.com/>

Vesterbrogade 74, 3.
1620 København
Danmark

Tlf. +45 2613 4307
Claudia.Pesu@HumanInference.com<ma...@HumanInference.com>

Human Inference B.V. - Chamber of Commerce NL - 09106800

[http://www.humaninference.com/banners/banner%20datavaluetalk.png]<http://www.datavaluetalk.com/>

The information contained in this communication is confidential and is intended solely for the person and/or entity addressed above. If you are not an intended recipient you are hereby notified that the content of this message may not be disclosed, copied or distributed to any other party than the addressee. Human Inference does not guarantee that this communication is free of viruses or that other parties than the intended recipient will not intercept this communication. Human Inference assumes no liability for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication or any delay in the receipt of this communication by the addressee.

Re: password protected file

Posted by Kasper Sørensen <i....@gmail.com>.
There's no support for it currently, no.

But a quick look around shows that we ought to be able to pull it off with
Apache POI (the underlying Excel reader of MetaModel):
http://poi.apache.org/encryption.html

I guess a correct way to fix it in MetaModel's API would be to add a
optional password field to our ExcelConfiguration class. And then use this
in ExcelDataContext while opening the workbooks.