Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jochen Kuhnle <li...@kuhnle.net> on 2005/07/05 15:42:38 UTC

"Real" JSP Generator?

Hi,

I'd like to know if somebody has thought about or implemented a "real" JSP
generator for Cocoon, e.g. one that doesn't delegate the work to the
servlet container, but does the work by itself. Reasons for having this:

1. XSP and JXTG are good, but JSP is the standard...

2. If the JSP generator compiles code that directly generates SAX events,
the JSP output need not be parsed, so we might gain some speed...

Regards,
Jochen

Re: "Real" JSP Generator?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Tony Collen wrote:
> Torsten Curdt wrote:
>
>>> 1. XSP and JXTG are good, but JSP is the standard...
>>

>> Standard does not always necessarily mean better ;)
>

> This has some truth, but unforutunately if companies were interested in
> better, they wouldn't still be using Struts.
>
> Sometimes technical decisions come from the top and not from the
> "trenches" ... which is why there's no chance of me getting Cocoon in
> the door at my new-ish job, and we're considering JSF for future
> development :/

Sometimes you can compromise: management knows that you are using JSF, and "in
the trenches" everybody is happy because they are using Cocoon.

> Just had to chime in :)

Just had to share the experience :-)

Vadim

Re: "Real" JSP Generator?

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
>> Standard does not always necessarily mean better ;)
>

> This has some truth, but unforutunately if companies were interested in
> better, they wouldn't still be using Struts.

lol

> Sometimes technical decisions come from the top and not from the
> "trenches"

*sigh* ...I hear you!

cheers
--