Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by "Clute, Andrew" <An...@osn.state.oh.us> on 2005/04/26 23:15:05 UTC

Does prefetching respect orderby's?

This is hitting a section of OJB that I am not that familiar with (but
with this issue, will need to become), so I want to make sure I am not
spinning my wheels.

I have a situation where I have an object with a Collection hanging off
of it that is proxied. This collection also has an orderby specified.
What I am seeing is that when the data is set to be backfilled by the
CollectionProxy, it finds that it already has the objects from the
prefetcher, and does it's work to give me the right set
(MtoNCollectionPrefetcher). The problem is that they are *not* in the
correct order. It looks they are in the same order that they were first
retrieved somewhere in the call, and then added to the prefetch listener
(is this the correct pattern for how the prefetcher works?)

If I set the proxy-prefetch-limit to 0 on the collection descriptor, it
works fine.

This is a non-Decomposed MtoNCollection.

Is this a known issue? Thoughts?

-Andrew