Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2002/08/27 20:29:16 UTC

Meta: ComponentVerifyier

I believe that the ComponentVerifier would be even more useful if you
gave it a Type object, and a Class object and let the thing do its
verifications from there.

That way we don't have to repeat that logic in several places.

 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Meta: ComponentVerifyier

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 28 Aug 2002 04:29, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I believe that the ComponentVerifier would be even more useful if you
> gave it a Type object, and a Class object and let the thing do its
> verifications from there.
>
> That way we don't have to repeat that logic in several places.

It was like that originally but got separated out. The reason is when the
components are dynamically assembled (like from a Remote soap service) the
ComponentVerifier will fail them but the MetaDataVerifier will pass them.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Re: Meta: ComponentVerifyier

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Berin Loritsch wrote:

>I believe that the ComponentVerifier would be even more useful if you
>gave it a Type object, and a Class object and let the thing do its
>verifications from there.
>
>That way we don't have to repeat that logic in several places.

Agreed - I think what is needed is an explicit TypeVerified that handles
the lever-level component verification together with model to coomponent
implemetation class verfication.

Steve.

>"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
> deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>                - Benjamin Franklin
>

>--

Stephen J. McConnell