Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> on 2000/12/04 07:30:24 UTC

Re: great idea at 2:20 am :)

Hi Viktors

Sorry to response late to your mail.

Viktors Rotanovs wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what if sitemap could contain something like this:
>
> <map:aggregate element="page">
>         <map:generate src="docs/news.xml"/>
>         <map:generate src="docs/events.xml"/>
>         <map:generate src="docs/tasks.xml" select="task[@complete='No']/>
> </map:aggregate>

This is not exactly what we meant by content aggregation. We are not
looking for aggregating file (src=) because you can do that with
XInclude as well. We are looking for aggregating cocoon URI directly!

Look at the mail "[RT] Content aggregation" from Oct. 3rd from Stefano
Mazzocchi.

Giacomo

Re: great idea at 2:20 am :)

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Giacomo Pati wrote:

> You're right. And we are again at the point where it would be very
> usefull to have the src attribute of a generator not only handles file
> but also URLs which will accesses the sitemaps internally processed URIs
> directly as a ContentHandler. Do you agree?

yeah, i do.

- donald

Re: great idea at 2:20 am :)

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.