Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by David Pérez <ch...@geniusmap.com> on 2000/08/02 13:56:56 UTC

forgotten session ID when a JSP is called from a new window created by initial session window

I dont know if this is correct address for this kind of questions, if not please send me the correct tomkat maillist.

We are developing a JSP site and we have the following problem:
We loose the session ID when a JSP is called from a new window created by initial session window. The problem is onlu with IE4 and not with IE5. Do you have any idea?

Thx

Re: forgotten session ID when a JSP is called from a new window created by initial session window

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
David Pérez wrote:

>  I dont know if this is correct address for this kind of questions, if
> not please send me the correct tomkat maillist. We are developing a
> JSP site and we have the following problem:We loose the session ID
> when a JSP is called from a new window created by initial session
> window. The problem is onlu with IE4 and not with IE5. Do you have any
> idea?

The TOMCAT-USER list is the best place for Tomcat-specific questions
like this.

The "new windows" behavior of both IE4 and IE5 actually depends on a
configuration property setting.  If the option "Browse in a new process"
is selected, each window will appear to be in a separate session; if
this option is not selected, all windows will appear to be in the same
session.  Netscape, on the other hand, always seems to treat all the
windows created by one instance of the browser as part of the same
session.

Craig McClanahan