Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Andreas Kollegger <ak...@tembopublic.org> on 2009/07/01 02:50:21 UTC

Java SDO in OSGi

Hi,

I'm trying to run the SDO samples in an OSGi environment. I'm getting
different behavior under OSGi than running standalone, which I suspect
has to do with load order or some missing configuration. Specifically,
the ReadPurchaseOrder sample creates an XMLDocument which returns
different types for getRootObject(). When running standalone, the root
object is an instance of DynamicDataObjectImpl. When running under
OSGi, the root object is an instance of AnyTypeDataObjectImpl.

That doesn't seem like it should be a problem, except that the
following line (#132 in ReadPurchaseOrder.java) ends up throwing a
class cast exception under OSGi:

        DataObject shipTo = purchaseOrder.getDataObject("shipTo");

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.util.FeatureMapUtil
$FeatureEList cannot be cast to commonj.sdo.DataObject

Why would the behavior be different when creating the XMLDocument?

Thanks for any insight.

Best,
Andreas