Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/04/16 04:05:04 UTC

draft 10.10.2.0 announcement

Hi,

I've continued struggling mightily with the maven deploy step, but Rick has
promised that he'll take a look tomorrow, so I'm forging on with the other
remaining steps, which includes the release announcement.

Please let me know if you have any feedback to the text I'll want to send
out soon, unless someone spots something amiss:

Thanks
Myrna

This is the text I plan to send out:
The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce maintenance release
10.10.2.0. This is a bug fix release following the 10.10.1.1 release.

Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
work with.

Derby 10.10.2.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:

   http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.

Please consider upgrading earlier 10.10 releases to this.

Re: 10.10.2.0 deployed to maven, was: draft 10.10.2.0 announcement

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Just to note; I can see the 10.10.2.0 maven artifacts on nexus.
I also copied the 10.10.2.0 release to the old mirror location, and I can
see the release now on a few of the mirrors.

Myrna

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 10:50 AM, Myrna van Lunteren <m.v.lunteren@gmail.com

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Great,

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.

Re: draft 10.10.2.0 announcement

Posted by Camilla Haase <ca...@oracle.com>.
On 4/15/2014 10:05 PM, Myrna van Lunteren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've continued struggling mightily with the maven deploy step, but Rick
> has promised that he'll take a look tomorrow, so I'm forging on with the
> other remaining steps, which includes the release announcement.
>
> Please let me know if you have any feedback to the text I'll want to
> send out soon, unless someone spots something amiss:
>
> Thanks
> Myrna
>
> This is the text I plan to send out:
> The Apache Derby project is pleased to announce maintenance release
> 10.10.2.0. This is a bug fix release following the 10.10.1.1 release.
>
> Apache Derby is a subproject of the Apache DB project. Derby is a pure
> Java relational database engine which conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and
> JDBC standards. Derby aims to be easy for developers and end-users to
> work with.
>
> Derby 10.10.2.0 can be obtained from the Derby download site:
>
> http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html.
>
> Please consider upgrading earlier 10.10 releases to this.

This looks great, Myrna. I would just suggest changing "this" in the
last sentence to "this maintenance release" for clarity (and consistency
with the 10.8.3.0 announcement).

Thanks again for all your hard work on this release.

Kim

Re: draft 10.10.2.0 announcement

Posted by Rick Hillegas <ri...@oracle.com>.
Looks good to me. Thanks, Myrna.