Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nageshsrao <na...@yahoo.com> on 2007/07/09 14:37:05 UTC

core_output_filter error for apache/tomcat JK connector

we have upgraded our environment to following software specs.

on Redhat AS 3.0 (update 8),  tomcat 5.5.23,  apache 2.0.46 and JK 1.2.23
plugin.   intermittently we see the following error in the error log of
tomcat and then the whole site just gets hung. and no users will be to
procede with any operation.  this is suppose to go to Staging, could help us
getting this resolved.

[Mon Jul 09 11:27:19 2007] [info] (104)Connection reset by peer:
core_output_filter: writing data to the network
[Mon Jul 09 11:27:19 2007] [info] (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter:
writing data to the network
[Mon Jul 09 11:27:23 2007] [info] (104)Connection reset by peer:
core_output_filter: writing data to the network
[Mon Jul 09 11:27:23 2007] [info] (32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter:
writing data to the network

let us know if any further information required, i will upload it
immediately.

Re: core_output_filter error for apache/tomcat JK connector

Posted by nageshsrao <na...@yahoo.com>.

i think i goofed up while uploading the workers.properties. here is the one
i just picked from the server.

"site is hung up "  means even the first page ( the login page) doesn't get
displayed on the browser. it just goes on and on..

- we can not connect to apache during this behaviour
- access_log has the log of our request. but no response
- i didn't try for non-tomcat resources ( static files ). i will try to do
that today

we plan to take downtime during the night hours today and i will turn the
debugging mode on and try setting up the JK timeout values and also will try
to access static files which are not on tomcat.

please take a look at the workers.properties and let me know if you find
anything unusual.
let us know if there any other debug parameters which we can set to more
information.

also as a information, this apache also has a weblogic plugin and even for
those pages we do not get any response during this state of apache
non-response.

I Thank you very much for closely following and helping up on this

regards,
nagesh http://www.nabble.com/file/p11518117/workers.properties
workers.properties

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.