Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Tan Kah Siong <ja...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2005/06/14 11:12:28 UTC

CustomSQLDBReceiver

Hi,

I am interested in using my mssql server as a base for
Chainsaw log viewer.

I had tried to do this after reading the documentation
and  encountered the following problems and questions.

I had edited the Example Receiver configuration by
deleting away all plugins except CustomDBReceiver. I
also changed the connection source's password, user,
driver and url to my requirements. Lastly i used a sql
statement that would utilise the compulsary fields as
stated in the documentation, without the concat part.
The sql server i used is setup with the corresponding
fields.

I fired up ChainSaw and loaded the edited xml file
through the "Load Log4J File" menu, however, nothing
happens after that, no loading nor errors. I also see
no network activity that indicates attempts to contact
sql server.

1)  Is there any step i missed or gone wrong?

2) I noted that chainsaw support only the documented
fields, can it support other custom fields. ?Using
concat?

3) How would i use pooled connections with ChainSaw?

Please advice.