Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Roland Cruse <ro...@vrs-soft.com> on 2008/07/23 13:21:04 UTC

apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Hello

Anybody got apache digest authentication working with subversion?

apache 2.6.6
subversion 1.5

I got "Basic" working but trying "Digest" with a "svn update" on a working copy sends the box to cpu 100%.

        <Location /foo>
        DAV svn
        SVNPath /var/svn/repository/foo_master
        SVNIndexXSLT "/svnindex.xsl"
        SVNPathAuthz off

        AuthType Digest
        #AuthType Basic
        AuthName foobar
        AuthDigestDomain /chorus http://svn-master.1/chorus
        AuthDigestProvider file
        AuthUserFile /etc/svn-auth-digest-file
        Require valid-user

        </Location>
Thanks in advance.

RE: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by micha137 <bu...@iat.uni-leipzig.de>.
This helped me: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=498340

RE: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by Roland Cruse <ro...@vrs-soft.com>.
> Nevermind.  I now see indications it does work.  Here is an example
> blog:
>
> http://www.gnulab.org/node/52

Thanks for that link. But no joy :(

I added the AuthzSVNAccessFile /foo/bar directive to my config with permissive settings:
[/]
* = rw

It does not prompt for a password just hangs chewing on 100% cpu.

Re: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:27 AM, Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought SVN does not support Digest authentication.  I recall this
> is in the book or somewhere else I have read.

Nevermind.  I now see indications it does work.  Here is an example blog:

http://www.gnulab.org/node/52

What I was thinking of was Apache 2.0 had a bug that needed to be
fixed at one point.

--
Thanks

Mark Phippard
http://markphip.blogspot.com/

Re: apache 2.6.6 / subversion 1.5 / Digest authentication: Work for anyone?

Posted by Mark Phippard <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Roland Cruse <ro...@vrs-soft.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Anybody got apache digest authentication working with subversion?
>
> apache 2.6.6
> subversion 1.5

I assume you mean 2.2.6?