Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Rick Kellogg <rm...@comcast.net> on 2017/06/14 19:11:12 UTC

Knox Gateway Registration within Zookeeper

Greetings,

What are your thoughts about optional registering of live Knox Gateway
instances in Zookeeper?  Then as a client, I could query Zookeeper to find a
valid host.

No idea of complexity involved but it seems to be a good idea to me.

Thoughts?

Rick

Re: Knox Gateway Registration within Zookeeper

Posted by larry mccay <la...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, Rick - we have always advocated using some sort of loadbalancer in
front of some number of Knox instances.
I think we document one way to use Apache as a loadbalancer across a
cluster of Knox instances, others have used Nginx as well.

I think this is more REST friendly than forcing some specific leader
determining protocol on the clients.

You certainly could also using DNS based loadbalancing and there are a
number of services available for that these days too.

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Rick -