Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/01 14:47:14 UTC

Apache Traffic Server Wiki Access

I was working on a write-up of HOWTO-style wiki pages documenting the
installation and tuning of an ATS-based web cache.

I'd like very much to finish the tuning section, but I believe my ability
to edit documents has been revoked.

Who do I talk to about this?  I've no idea who's responsibility for
administration of the Wiki or I'd ask them.

Thanks In Advance,

Adam

P.S.  We may start to see more users running ATS for web cache-only
installs, in lieu of squid.  My next stop is Wikipedia...for some reason
ATS isn't on a relevant list...

Re: Apache Traffic Server Wiki Access

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> On Oct 1, 2013, at 6:47 AM, Adam W. Dace <co...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I was working on a write-up of HOWTO-style wiki pages documenting the
> installation and tuning of an ATS-based web cache.
> >
> > I'd like very much to finish the tuning section, but I believe my
> ability to edit documents has been revoked.
> >
> > Who do I talk to about this?  I've no idea who's responsibility for
> administration of the Wiki or I'd ask them.
>
> I don't know why your account would have gotten revoked, but the people in
> charge of Confluence at ASF is Infra-ops. Probably file a Jira and ask them
> to investigate ?
>
> -- Leif

Adam W. Dace <co...@gmail.com>

Phone: (815) 355-5848
Microsoft Messenger - colonelforbin74@live.com <ad...@turing.com>

Google Profile: https://plus.google.com/u/0/109309036874332290399/about

Re: Apache Traffic Server Wiki Access

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay, I got sucked once more into records.config.

I was hoping to avoid version control, but I took a look through the
official documentation on contributing and I'm left wondering...should I go
ahead and start a HOWTO section?

If so, would you prefer I send patches to the dev mailing list or use Jira?

I'll go ahead and subscribe to the dev mailing list, this conversation
probably belongs there instead of on users.

Posted by "Adam W. Dace" <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks.  :)

I figured I'd document what I've found so far, then run it by people who
know the codebase better.
If you want, take a peek under the "Installation and Configuration"
section...

As far as the Wiki goes, it's no big deal.  Apparently the Apache
Infrastructure people did some maintenance last night,
and part of that maintenance was tightening the permissions on the
Confluence Wiki.  I dropped Leif Hedstrom a line
and asked that he add me.

Posted by James Peach <jp...@apache.org>.