Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Jogeshwar Karthik Akundi <aj...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/18 14:45:11 UTC

Starting YARN in HA mode Hadoop 2.5.1

Hi,
I am using Hadoop 2.5.1 and trying to enable HA mode for NN and RM.

the start-dfs.sh script provided starts both the namenodes and all the
datanodes.
However, the start-yarn.sh starts only one RM and all the NodeManagers.

till now, these scripts allowed me to startup the entire cluster from a
single machine (the primary node). But now, the secondary RM is not
starting up.

I tried to google around but couldn't find any information. Tried reading
through the yarn-daemon*.sh scripts, but don't find a hint on how to start
both the RMs at one shot.

Any pointers? Am I missing something?

--
There is no charge for awesomeness

RE: Starting YARN in HA mode Hadoop 2.5.1

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.
You need to start manually. Yarn does not support starting all the RM’s in cluster.

Thanks & Regards
Rohith Sharma K S

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.

Posted by Rohith Sharma K S <ro...@huawei.com>.