Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Chan <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 01:24:17 UTC

Running Nutch without Tomcat

Hi,

If I want to run Nutch just to crawl the web and build an Lucene index
(without the searching capability), can I run it without Tomcat? If
so, how can this be achieved? Thanks.

Michael

Re: Running Nutch without Tomcat

Posted by Winton Davies <wd...@cs.stanford.edu>.
Yes, see the tutorial. Basically just command line java.

Posted by Sudhi Seshachala <su...@yahoo.com>.
Michael,
Yes you can run just the crawler part. Lucene provides the API to index the crawled data and search the indexed data. So short answer is you can do it.
Thanks
sudhi