Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/08/26 20:31:57 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Update of "Penny" by daijy

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The "Penny" page has been changed by daijy:
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/Penny?action=diff&rev1=1&rev2=2

- ---+ Penny
+ This page has been moved to [[https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/Penny|Confluence]]

- Penny is a framework for creating custom Pig monitoring and debugging tools. It comes with a library of a dozen or so tools, for example:
-    * crash investigation -- why did my pig script crash?
-    * record tracing -- trace a particular record through the steps of a pig script, and show how it gets transformed
-    * integrity alerts -- send an alert if a record passing between steps i and j fails to satisfy a particular predicate
-    * overhead profiling -- which steps in the pig script dominate the running time?
- But the real power of Penny is in creating your own, custom, monitoring and debugging tools using Penny's simple API. It's easy. Try it!
-
- ---++ Documentation
-
-    * Check out our library of tools that you can use out of the box: PennyToolLibrary
-    * If you want to create your own tool using Penny (or if you want to understand how Penny works), read this: PennyCreateYourOwnTool
-