Posted to user@struts.apache.org by syed abrar <ab...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/07/12 13:10:15 UTC

form elements

Hello all
         I have a problem .I have a form containing multiple elements like check boxes,radio buttons,text boxes.The type of element is not fixed and is picked from the the database and displayed in the form.
            I mananged to display all the form elements but my problem is picking back those values from the user page as to read back the values we dont know exactly the type of form element.
Can any one plz help me

Re: form elements

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ja...@wendysmoak.com>.
From: "syed abrar" <ab...@rediffmail.com>
> I have a problem .I have a form containing multiple elements like check
boxes,radio buttons,text boxes.
> The type of element is not fixed and is picked from the the database and
displayed in the form.
> I mananged to display all the form elements but my problem is picking back
those values from
> the user page as to read back the values we dont know exactly the type of
form element.

Take a look at LazyDynaBean:
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/beanutils/apidocs/org/apache/commons/beanutils/LazyDynaBean.html

Or possibly LazyValidatorForm:
http://struts.apache.org/api/org/apache/struts/validator/LazyValidatorForm.html

--
Wendy Smoak

Re: form elements

Posted by Vijay K Anand <r1...@freescale.com>.
syed abrar wrote:

>Hello all
>         I have a problem .I have a form containing multiple elements
>like check boxes,radio buttons,text boxes.The type of element is not
>fixed and is picked from the the database and displayed in the form.
>            I mananged to display all the form elements but my problem
>is picking back those values from the user page as to read back the
>values we dont know exactly the type of form element.
>Can any one plz help me

By default it is string