Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by simon <si...@lexues.co.jp> on 2001/09/26 04:11:48 UTC

Distributed sessions

Hello,

I need some sort of distributed session management for Tomcat 3.2.3.  Looking at the source and server.xml it looks like I could
write a new SessionInterceptor and SessionManager to do the job.
*** from server.xml ***
<!-- Plug a session manager. You can plug in more advanced session modules. -->
<RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.session.StandardSessionInterceptor" />

However, I am concerned that this will not be portable to other servlet containers.  Is it portable?

Has anyone else tried to do this?

simon colston
simon@lexues.co.jp