Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Johan Oskarsson <jo...@oskarsson.nu> on 2009/05/12 17:27:53 UTC

Non relational db meetup - San Francisco, June 11th

Cassandra will be represented by Avinash Lakshman on a free full day
meetup covering "open source, distributed, non relational databases" on
June 11th in San Francisco.

The idea is that the event will give people interested in this area a
great introduction and an easy way to compare the different projects out
there as well as the opportunity to discuss them with the developers.

Registration
The event is free but space is limited, please register if you wish to
attend: http://nosql.eventbrite.com/

Preliminary schedule, 2009-06-11
09.45: Doors open
10.00: Intro session (Todd Lipcon, Cloudera)
10.40: Voldemort (Jay Kreps, Linkedin)
11.20: Short break
11.30: Cassandra (Avinash Lakshman, Facebook)
12.10: Free lunch (sponsored by CBSi)
13.10: Dynomite (Cliff Moon, Powerset)
13.50: HBase (Ryan Rawson, Stumbleupon)
14.30: Short break
14.40: Hypertable (Doug Judd, Zvents)
15.20: Panel discussion
16.00: End of meetup, relocate to a pub called Kate O’Brien’s nearby

Location
Magma room, CBS interactive
235 Second Street
San Francisco, CA 94105

Sponsor
A big thanks to CBSi for providing the venue and free lunch.

/Johan Oskarsson, developer @ last.fm

Re: Non relational db meetup - San Francisco, June 11th

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@holsman.net>.
It looks like it is sold-out.

--
Ian Holsman
Ian@Holsman.net

Re: Non relational db meetup - San Francisco, June 11th

Posted by Jonas Bonér <jo...@jonasboner.com>.
2009/5/12 Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>:
> That's true, but 100 people is about the largest space you're going to
> find for free, so past that you'd have to start charging people and
> worrying about taxes and such.  Messy.

No worries. That makes sense. Good initiative. Have fun.

> Maybe next year... :)

Hehe. Sounds good.

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonas Bonér <jo...@jonasboner.com>.