Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by skompelly <sk...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/25 16:58:43 UTC

XML validation against encoding=UTF-8

Hi,

I have two Questions regarding encoding.

1) In router, consuming xml message with encoding=Cp1252 and validating this
against xsd schema which has encoding as UTF-8 using camel *validator *
component. The validator component is not validating the encoding=UTF-8, its
accepting Cp1252, its not throwing any error message like
unsupportedencodingformat.

How to validate xml against schema such that it should not accept any other
encoding except UTF-8?

2) In router , consuming xml message with encoding=UTF-8, and in one of the
element i have data as non UTF-8 characters, in this case the non UTF-8
characters are replaced by "?".  I am using validator component to validate
against schema.

How to validate xml against schema so that it should not allow non UTF-8
chacters and throw error message?

Thanks in Advance,
Santosh

Re: XML validation against encoding=UTF-8

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello Santosh!

Could you please provide your XSD and sample XML files to make it easier for
us to check this?!

Best,
Christian

Sent from a mobile device