Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/21 15:29:43 UTC

Version on active branches should have -SNAPSHOT

Hello,
in branch-2.7 the version is still 2.7.2.

In my opinion we should advance it to 2.7.3-SNAPSHOT
otherwise it is easy to pollute the local development environment.

The release process does not read anything about this.

If no one objects I would set the version to 2.7.3-SNAPSHOT
I will send a PR in order to help reviewing the change for this time

But we should add a step to the official release procedure

Enrico

Re: Version on active branches should have -SNAPSHOT

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il Lun 24 Mag 2021, 09:14 Jinfeng Huang <hj...@streamnative.io.invalid> ha
scritto:

> +1
> It's great to add a 2.7.3-SNAPSHOT.
> Shall we add it in the release workflow
> <https://github.com/apache/pulsar/wiki/Release-process>? So the next
> release managers could follow the workflow and add a new branch-snapshot
> directly after the previous release.

Sure.
Let me update the page

Enrico