Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Artyom <ic...@mail.ru> on 2012/12/17 11:59:45 UTC

SolrCloud with Near Realtime Search: buildOnOptimize in IndexBasedSpellChecker

When an optimization event occurs in this case? Should I reindex this
spellchecker on every shard manually? Or does this even occurs every hard or
soft commit?

Re: SolrCloud with Near Realtime Search: buildOnOptimize in IndexBasedSpellChecker

Posted by Artyom <ic...@mail.ru>.
Thank you, Upayavira, I know about the DirectSpellChecker.
But I want to know how IndexBasedSpellChecker is handled in SolrCloud.

Re: SolrCloud with Near Realtime Search: buildOnOptimize in IndexBasedSpellChecker

Posted by Artyom <ic...@mail.ru>.
I see, then buildOnOptimize is useless in this case!

Re: SolrCloud with Near Realtime Search: buildOnOptimize in IndexBasedSpellChecker

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
It only rebuilds on explicit optimize operations. A background merge that
merges all segments (to 1) won't fire the rebuild AFAIK.

And Upayavira is right, you can choose to use a DirectSolrSpellChecker,
that way you don't need an external index at all.

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.

Posted by Tomás Fernández Löbbe <to...@gmail.com>.
"optimize" operations only occur when you explicitly request for them. All
nodes should get the command, so if you have set the "buildOnOptimize" in
all nodes (you probably are, as you are using the same configuration) then
all of them should rebuild the spellcheck index.

Tomás