Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/23 12:31:54 UTC

Re: Does the FileDataModel still require the UserID and ItemID numeric?

That is probably a typo, if it hasn't been fixed already. Yes, the
user and item IDs must be numeric. You can't use "apple", no.

However look at the IDMigrator class for solutions for translating
between strings and numeric IDs if you must. This will be a lot slower
though. It's much better to be able to use numeric IDs.

答复: 答复: Does the FileDataModel still require the UserID and ItemID numeric?

Posted by 刘逸哲 <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>.
Thanks^_^

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 刘逸哲 <zh...@alibaba-inc.com>.