Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ekta Ojha <ek...@yahoo.com> on 2005/06/02 21:31:54 UTC

Sample code using org.apache.poi.hssf.eventmodel

Hello Group,
Please help me to find some sample code to create and return a workbook using eventmodel API.
Your response will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Ekta

---------------------------------
Discover Yahoo!

Date cells in HSSFl

Posted by Michael Neale <mi...@internode.on.net>.
Hi all.

I am using HSSFListener for event type parsing of spreadsheets.

In the processRecord method (taking in "Record") I need to tell if the
record (NumberRecord) is actually a date - so I can use the utility method
to turn it into a java date.

I have no idea how to do this - the XFIndex seems to hint at the info I
need, but I am not sure how to use it in a way that consistently tells me
that the cell is a date field. Once I know it is a date field, the rest is
easy...

Michael

RE: Sample code using org.apache.poi.hssf.eventmodel

Posted by Michael Neale <mi...@internode.on.net>.
I think the eventmodel is only for parsing existing worksheets (if you are
talking about listeners etc).