Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Sriram Narayanan <sr...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/15 20:33:57 UTC

[Volunteer] - Source code polishing for Tomcat 6.0

Hi:

I plan to start working with the Tomcat source again and checked out
the sources yesterday. While browsing the sources, I chanced upon a
few instances where variable names could be better named - this helps
when we're using IDEs and the auto complete picks up method argument
names from the parent class' method.

For e.g.
javax.servlet.GenericServlet
    public void log(String msg) {
	getServletContext().log(getServletName() + ": "+ msg);
    }

Here, we could replace "msg" with "message".

I've done a little work on this, and am willing to submit patches into
the bugzilla. Would the committers consider such work useful ? Should
I go ahead with such clean up ?

-- Sriram